Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3rd of May

I think I hate cooking.


I mean, I love the idea of it in my head. All the planning and the prospective potential of recipes that promise flavour and aesthetics all in one is simply not meant to be for my palate.

And here I was, planning to disown 'desi-pakwan' for 5 months altogether in lieu of the crunchy salads and crispy baked chicken… and cod cakes. Ah, the simple and delightful memorable cod cakes. There was to be only express recipes of marinades thrown in together and popped in the oven, and pastas and pies; steaming and aromatic…

And then, hubbykins dearest. requested. 'gravy.'

We were out getting halal chicken and condiments, at a place called 'Mustafas; " which BTW is shockingly identical to any pakistani utility store you can think of. Its like a piece of typical musalman environ in the middle of texas, and its sad that it remains that way here or anywhere else in the world.

Biryani masalas aside, Arqam must really be missing Bano auntie's super awesome home cooking to have been eating Roti three days in a row! So I am reallly not looking forward to serving the khichri-pudding of Pulao that I just finished making. I blame the rice. I guess they were long grain, but not basmati.

Ah well, there is always more naan to have with boneless chicken handi.

The furniture arrived today, and I think Amroo really likes the high bed. He was pretty happy to lie down on it and admire the ceiling fan up closer. I'm hoping his flu gets better though. Theres not much once can do about all the mucus that bugs him…. Or is there?

Walkthrough of the apartment later.

And any easy peasy tried tested rice chicken meal combos that you send me will be loooove!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... check your inbox in the morning.... i'll send some love your way

    ReplyDelete