Monday, May 2, 2011

Day One, Two, and a half.





I got off the plane, into the airport and out onto the highway thinking America was overrated, and it probably is just like any other country in the world, except that the pantry I got home to is stocked with gigantic tempting cinnamon rolls, and luscious brownie bites that I'm trying not to indulge in too much. The fridge is loaded with Arqam's choice of exotic flavors in junk food and the sight of pita naan and tortilla and daal assortment is definitely throwing my fresh salad diet plans out the door. For now anyway. And its not just about all these bountiful delectables that will seemingly, thankfully, replace 'pepsi' in the household…. Or so I thought. It seems that my arrival seemed to remind arqam of his earlier state of 'coke-lessness'; and he has promptly addressed the issue in our first trip to SuperTarget.



I love our Apartment! It isn't even furnished yet, but speckled brown sugar strewn magnolia carpeting and ivory beige scheme have really hit home. The faux wooden flooring in the kitchen and bathroom see me pattering onwards barefoot irrespective of any consequence to my recently pedicured heels. The community area is pretty nice, although I have yet to take Amroo out for a stroll to get to know the area the pedestrian way. The pool, I'm told is about 50 paces from our place, and I'm wishing Amroo was old enough to put in a tube or harnessed with floats into the water. I'd love to see the reaction on his face.

The diurnal range of temperature varies considerably. Its hot windy air that blows your entire hairstyle into disarray that quiets down into a wonderfully chilly breeze come dusk, twilight or dawn. This mother son duo still seems to be battling off jetlag and tends to sleep through the most opportune outdoorsy moments, leaving Daddy to prattle around finding something to do with all the time on his hands.



Its Monday morning, Arqam's off to work, Amroo's taking his first nap of the day, trying to get his circadian rythm back into cycle, and I am planning to blog my way through these five months before i step out to find the laundry. Do I miss my maid? Not quite yet.


Until Next time!

3 comments:

  1. LOVEEEEEE amroos bumroo in the carseat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you're having a good time n meejo eat all the cinnamon rolls you want, enjoy your time to the fullest, we will go on a diet once you're back <3 lots of love to my jaan ka tota Dexter <3 love your hairdo <3 miss ya all :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. keep it up. that takes us for a free ride to your surroundings and we love it.
    Please change your photo. its is not 1% as good as you are. thisphoto is very artificial version of you.
    eating all the cinnamon rolls will not bother you as long as you burn them off. do all the wrestling with sheroo and the laundry and the walks...and may be some takee....and it will not show. that is what counts.
    it was great talking to you yesterday and having an etour or i-tour, (may be v or virtual is the correct word) to your apartment. It is so good to be able to see and hear you. looking forward to hearing from Amroo bamroo....
    my room without sheroo is as much a sunami as was with him. main resaon maidlessness and my travel (LOL)
    have fun and enjoy all you can. as nana abbu said, do find time to say your prayers. it brings discipline and peace to your life in more ways than you can imagine.
    time for me to go and try to organize my self for taking a start to office tomorrow.
    lots of love

    ReplyDelete